Ethics for Law Firms: A refresher for practitioners & employees
Ethical practice is central to the work of all lawyers. Without a high standard of integrity our clients and the wider public will lose trust in the profession.
So join the our authors of How to be an Ethical Solicitor, Mena Ruparel & Richard Burnham, to get refreshed knowledge of the current regulatory framework, the common ethical issues facing lawyers and the people they work with and how to handle ethical dilemmas using real life examples from the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal including:
- The pitfalls of social media
- How to communicate with Litigants in person/McKenzie friends
- Taking advantage of the other side
- Threatening costs orders
- Signing documents for clients
- Interacting with clients
Ethics training is now an important part of the SRA regulatory regime for everyone working in a regulated firm, including non-lawyers, so attendance is a quick, lively means to fulfill that key requirement and keep your staff up to speed with the latest thinking.
- When? 1-2pm, 9th February 2018
- Where? Any computer with broadband and sound
- How much? Free to listen in on the day