Employment Tribunal Remedies Handbook 2018-19
DIGITAL EDITION OUT NOW!
The digital edition is available now and the book has gone to press - it should be ready to send out in the next couple of weeks or so.
The definitive, annual handbook on employment tribunal remedies & how to calculate them - now in its 5th year of publication.
- About the Editor
- About the Book
- What's New in this Edition?
- Who should buy the book?
- What our readers say
- Bibliographic Info
- Read the full contents (open new window)
- General Editor: Benjamin Gray, Barrister, Littleton Chambers
- Foreword by Judge Brian Doyle, President of the Employment Tribunals (England & Wales)
The Employment Tribunal Remedies Handbook is the definitive, annual handbook to the financial remedies available in employment claims. It is seen regularly in negotiations, by parties and judges in the Employment Tribunal and even the Employment Appeals Tribunal, having been cited in Shifferaw v Hudson Music Co Ltd UKEAT/0294/15/DA.
This 2018-19 edition has been fully updated to factor in the very latest rates and compensation caps that came into force in April 2018 plus the key cases and legislative developments of the past 12 months.
Covering over 100 topics from ACAS to Zero-hours Contracts, each entry provides a potted summary of the relevant law, facts and figures so the reader can quickly find the answers to questions such as:
- Basic Award: what adjustments can be applied and in what order?
- Contributory Fault: what heads of loss can be reduced?
- Pension loss: what are the new guidelines?
- Grossing up: how should this be calculated if different tax bands apply?
- Tax and termination payments: what is taxable after the Finance Bill 2017?
- Protective Awards: does the limit on a week’s pay apply?
The text is crammed with worked examples, so you can see clearly how the law would be applied, and a collection of essential tables makes it easy to double-check the latest relevant rates.
Published in A4 for maximum usability, the book is re-issued annually to ensure that it is up to date so you can rely on it in any negotiation, mediation or hearing.
- Tax and termination payments including PILONs and Injury to feelings
- When can Injury to feelings be awarded?
- Definition of a week's pay after University of Sunderland v Drossou
- New entry on Day's pay following the Supreme Court decision in Hartley & Ors v King Edward VI College  UKSC 39
- Physical and psychiatric injury: divisible and indivisible injury after BAE Systems (Operations) Ltd v Konczak
- Developments in holiday pay cases: King v The Sash Window Workshop Ltd and Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council v Willetts & Ors
- Grossing up within different tax bands
- Complete table of Ogden multipliers for complex pension cases
- New Vento bands
- Solicitors and barristers acting in employment law cases
- Advisers in mediation and negotiation over employment disputes
- HR professionals
- Trade Unions
- Anyone representing themselves in an employment dispute
"an excellent and thoroughly practical publication... a must-have source of reference for any professional person, legal or otherwise, who is involved with UK employment law"
John Wright, employmentlawexpert.co.uk
"undoubtedly, an excellent publication for practitioners"
Mirza Ahmad, Barrister, St Phillips Chambers
"very handy to have on the desk when doing calculations of loss and for settlement purposes .... A good buy!"
Elaine Heslop a solicitor at Your Employment Settlement Service
2018-19 edition due June 2018
Pre-order Offer price: £45 + £3.50 p&p including free digital edition
A4, Spiral Bound