Ethics for Law Firms: A refresher for practitioners & law firm employees
Ethical practice is central to the work of all lawyers. Without a high standard of integrity our clients and the wider public will lose trust in the profession.
In this webinar, Mena Ruparel & Richard Burnham, authors of How to be an Ethical Solicitor, will remind listeners of the current regulatory framework, look at the common ethical issues facing lawyers and the people they work with on a daily basis and give hints on how to deal with them using real life examples from the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal including:
- The pitfalls of social media
- How to communicate with Litigants in person/McKenzie friends
- Taking advantage of the other side
- Threatening costs orders
- Signing documents for clients
- Interacting with clients
Ethics training is now an important part of the SRA regulatory regime for everyone working in a regulated firm, including non-lawyers, so attendance is a quick, lively means to fulfill that key requirement and keep your staff up to speed with the latest thinking.
How to Register
- Click the Add to Cart button and place your zero-value order the checkout
- After your order has been placed, you will receive a further email containing a link to register for the webinar