The Employment Tribunal Remedies Handbook is the definitive, annual handbook to the financial remedies available in employment claims. It is seen regularly in negotiations, by parties and judges in the Employment Tribunal and even the Employment Appeals Tribunal, having been cited in Shifferaw v Hudson Music Co Ltd.
This 2021-22 edition has been fully updated to factor in the very latest rates and compensation caps that came into force in 2021 plus the key cases and legislative developments of the past 12 months.
Covering over 100 topics from ACAS to Zero-hours Contracts, each entry provides a concise summary of the relevant law plus all the associated facts and figures so the reader can quickly find the answers to questions such as:
- Basic Award: what adjustments can be applied and in what order?
- Contributory Fault: what heads of loss can be reduced?
- Pension loss: what are the current guidelines?
- Grossing up: how should this be calculated if different tax bands apply?
- Tax and termination payments: what is taxable?
- Protective Awards: does the limit on a week’s pay apply?
Worked examples accompany each entry where relevant, so you can see clearly how the law and regulations are applied in practice, while a collection of essential tables makes it easy to double-check the latest relevant rates.
Published in A4 wire-bound and a pdf digital edition for maximum portability and usability, the book is re-issued annually to ensure that it is up to date so you can rely on it in any negotiation, mediation or hearing.