PRICE INCLUDES FREE COPIES OF CONTAMINATION, POLLUTION & THE PLANNING PROCESS - worth £75 when published.
About the seminar
The ongoing, confusing implementation of the Environment Act and continued publicity around environmental issues have pushed the issue of the environment up the planning agenda over the last five years.
So, as a planner, developer or advisor you need to know the latest law, policy and practice so your projects don't fall foul of the increasingly complex and diverse regulations affecting planning decisions. Our expert panel will:
- highlight the latest guidance and policy thinking on planning and the environment
- update you on the progress of the Environment Act
- provide an overview around contamination, pollution and the planning process
- introduce the new Biodiversity 4 metric
As ever there will also be a lively panel session where you can ask your own questions which, together with the free book offer, makes the event essential for all developers, their advisors and planners.
09.30 - 13.00, Thursday 2nd November 2023
One Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AA or online via Zoom
£175+ VAT which gets you:
- attendance on the day and a recording to watch again
- a free copy of Contamination, Pollution & The Planning Process (print & eBook) worth £75 when published in October
- a free eBook of The Environment Act 2021: A Guide for Planners & Developers delivered to your inbox when you book a place
Registration & Refreshments
09.30 - 09.40
Intro from the Chair
09.40 - 10.10
Planning Policy & the Environment - current thinking
10.10 - 10.50
Environment Act Update - what's happening in practice?
10.50 - 11.10
11.10 - 11.50
The new Biodiversity Metric 4
Dr Nick White
11.50 - 12.30
Contamination, Pollution & Planning: Some practical tips
12.30 - 13.00
Martin Goodall, Chair and co-author of A Practical Guide to Permitted Changes of Use and The Essential Guide to the Use of Land and Buildings.
Tom Graham, qualified barrister now acting as a sole practitioner specialising in planning and environmental law. He is also the author of A Practical Guide to Planning, Highways & Development and The Environment Act 2021: A Guide for Planners & Developers.
Jacqueline Lean, Barrister, Landmark Chambers.
Alistair Mills, Fellow and College Lecturer in Law at Magdalene College, Cambridge. He is a practising barrister and author of Interpreting the NPPF and co-author of A Practical Guide to Permitted Changes of Use.
Dr Nick White, Principal Advisor - Net Gain, Natural England.